Michael W. Campbell
Michael W. Campbell was born in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1952 and has practiced law since 1979. He has been a partner at Caffery, Oubre, Campbell & Garrison since 1983. From 1979 through 1981, he worked as an Assistant District Attorney, felony trial division, in New Orleans, before joining the firm in 1981. His practice emphasis is primarily civil litigation in state and federal courts and particularly in the areas of insurance defense, insurance law, workers' compensation law and products liability as well as admiralty and maritime personal injury. His clients include insurance companies and national corporations. During his legal career, Mr. Campbell has tried more than 200 cases, jury and non-jury.
- Louisiana, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1981
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor - 1979
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta
- University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Bachelor of Arts - 1975
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: History
- Luquette vs. Allstate Ins. (Indem.), 174 So. 3d 736 (La. App. 2 Cir. 08/12/2015), writ denied, 180 So. 3d 300 (La. 2015)
- Richard vs. Brasseaux, 50 So.3rd 282, 2010, La.App.3rd Cir
- Broussard vs. Voorhies, 970 So.2d 1038, 2007, La.App.1st Cir
- Guillory vs. Domtar Industries, 95 F.3rd 1320, 1996, 5th Cir
- Duhon vs. Texaco Inc., 15 F.3rd 1302, 1994, 5th Cir
- Broussard vs. Iberia Parish School Board, 854 So.2d 464, 2003, La.App.3rd Cir.
- Drilled Crossing vs.Texaco Inc., 663 So.2d 183, 1995, La.App.3rd Cir.
- Nicholson vs. Grisaffe, 438 So.2d 550, 1983, La.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- The Inn on the Teche American Inn of Court, Member