Providing Effective Litigation Defense for Clients Throughout Southern Louisiana
Caffery, Oubre, Campbell & Garrison, L.L.P., is recognized as one of Louisiana's pre-eminent law firms providing defense representation for insurance companies and corporate clients involved in litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the southern half of Louisiana.
Sophisticated Regional Representation for More Than 55 Years · Reasonable Fee Structure
Backed by more than 55 years of successful representation for clients across a broad range of industries, we have achieved a record of success and a reputation for excellence among opposing attorneys and judges throughout the state. We have the resources and capacity to handle the most complex litigation matters while also accepting more routine litigation defense matters such as auto accident and maritime injury claims.
You Need a Law Firm You Can Trust. We Offer Credentials You Can Rely On.
Caffery, Oubre, Campbell & Garrison lawyers are recognized nationally for our commitment to excellence. Two of the previous four federal district court judges appointed in the Lafayette Division of the Western District of Louisiana have come from our firm. Former partners John M. Duhe and Judge W. Eugene Davis now sit on the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit in New Orleans. Most recently, our former partner, David R. Dugas was appointed U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Louisiana. The firm can be found listed in Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys, as well as Hine's Insurance Counsel.
Primary Areas of Our Litigation Practice
- Insurance defense: Experienced local legal counsel for regional and national insurance companies facing all types of insurance claims and litigation in Louisiana
- Oil and gas litigation: We are one of Louisiana's leading names in oil and gas litigation defense, serving as lead outside defense counsel in all types of litigation matters
- Real estate and estate litigation: Our attorneys assist individuals and families involved in litigation involving the ownership and transfer of real estate
- Maritime injury litigation defense: Recognized among the pre-eminent names in litigation and claims defense for corporations and insurance companies in the maritime industries
- State and federal workers' compensation: Aggressive and effective defense representation for employers and workers' compensation insurance providers facing federal Jones Act injury claims and state and federal workers' compensation claims
- Commercial litigation: Attorneys represent corporate clients in all litigation matters, plaintiff or defense
- Employment practices liability: We protect the rights of employers facing charges of violating state employment laws and workplace civil rights
Some litigation matters are best resolved through a negotiated settlement between parties. Caffery, Oubre, Campbell & Garrison offers trained and experienced mediation services to assist parties with alternative dispute resolution.
From offices in Lafayette and New Iberia, our attorneys represent clients in state and federal courts throughout Lafayette Parish, Vermilion Parish, Acadia Parish, Iberia Parish, St. Mary Parish and St. Martin Parish in southern Louisiana. Contact us to arrange an initial consultation with an experienced Louisiana insurance defense attorney at Caffery, Oubre, Campbell & Garrison today.